Miscellaneous how-to instructions, in no particular order.
If your question isn’t answered here, ask, someone probably knows.
Or, email [email protected]
If you want to reply to a post:
- Make sure you’re on that page
- Go down to the bottom of the screen and fill in your screen name and your email address (your email will not be shown publicly).
- If you put a link in the Website box, then anyone clicking on your name will go to that address.
- Type your comment in the box.
- If you check the box that says “Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.” then the site will place a tiny bit of code on your computer that will fill in that info for you.
- Click on the “Post Comment” button
If you want to reply to someone else’s comment:
- Click on the “Reply” link under that comment.
- Follow the steps above.
You can see who’s made comments lately by looking in the top right corner under “Recent Comments”. The F5 button will refresh your view in most (all?) browsers to give you an update on who’s talking.
If you want to submit a lol or a picture for captioning:
- See Submissions page for how to do this and for guidelines
If you want to change your avatar (that little picture beside your name):
- Go to gravatar.com
- Create an account
- Upload an avatar
- Make sure you use the same email address here.
- Any Gravatar-enabled site (WordPress sites especially) will show that avatar whenever you use that email address.
If you want to make your name turn into a link:
- Put your web address in the third box when making a comment.
- Note: Web address or website is where people will go if they click on your name. This shouldn’t be cheezland.org, it should be something yours. If you’ve sent in stuff that’s been posted you could click on your name in the contributors box and use that address if you want (eg, https://cheezland.org/tag/prysma/ ). Or link to your blog, or your profile page on DOP, or your Gravatar profile (eg, http://en.gravatar.com/prysmcat).
If you want to do neat stuff in your comments:
(Please note: embedding of video or images in comments is disabled and is going to remain so. They slow down page load times a lot. You can include links, but more than one link per comment will make that comment be held for moderation – this is because spam messages often have a lot of links.)
See the page Smileys n Formatting for lots of info on this.
If you want to get posts by email:
Right now, the only option is to sign up to get a daily email that includes the lols from the past 24 hours (give or take) via Google’s Feedburner service. Click on this link and enter your email to subscribe to Cheezpeeps by Email. Prysma can see subscriber names and addresses, but really has no interest in them.
Otherwise, unfortunately, you can’t, sorry. An independent installation of WP offers some advantages and some disadvantages, and one of the latter is that it doesn’t have the subscription options that you can find on the Cryer and Tea Room.